[ckan-dev] test issue to avoid

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:47:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've just spent too long trying to resolve a load of broken tests.

The problem came down to an assert failing within setup_class().  This
effectively stopped teardown_class() getting run and consequently causing a
dirty database to exist that then cause a domino effect of fails in tests
running after.  Just for fun these tests all run fine if run independently.

So
a) this is just a warning/reminder to avoid/be aware of this issue
b) How is this best dealt with?  We do want to know something went wrong
and where but not cause later tests to fail too.  Any ideas?

Cheers
Toby