[ckan-dev] Preferred IDE for CKAN development?

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Thu Nov 1 10:17:52 UTC 2012

Hi Peder,

Welcome to the CKAN world!

The tools you use for development are a matter of personal preference,
and CKAN development shouldn't need any special requirements besides a
normal Python dev environment.
If it helps, most of CKAN developers (all?) use vim for developing,
each one of us with our favourite plugins. But I'm sure different
people on the list will use different tools so it would be great to
hear about them.

You most likely will find some developers on IRC at #ckan (on
British/European time).

Cheers,

Adrià