[ckan-dev] Is there a Chef Cookbook

Knud Hinnerk Möller knud at datalysator.com
Wed Nov 14 13:00:06 UTC 2012

Hi again,

I needed to entangle the CKAN things from the other stuff in the repo first, but now here it is:

https://github.com/knudmoeller/ckan-vagrant-puppet

The vagrant file and puppet manifest are in /boxes/ckan-oneiric32. From there, /modules/projects/manifests/ckan18.pp is referenced, which contains the bulk of the recipe. Sorry for the slightly arcane structure - it's because I have taken this from a larger context which contains several boxes and projects.

Obviously, you will need an oneric32 virtual box somewhere to run this.

Let me know if it works - I'd be amazed if it did! :)

On 12.11.2012, at 15:00, Peder Jakobsen <pjakobsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Knud,
>
> That would be great, I'll test and let you know how it works for me.  I'm also new to puppet/chef, right now I'm trying figure out how to connect my IDE "remotely" to my source code.  Editing in shared folders is easy enough, but getting the debugger to run is proving to be a bit tricky (With WING IDE). Have you tried it, or are you working in Vim/Emacs?

No, I use TextMate on OS X. I haven't done any proper debugging (other than looking at the log files whizz past) yet, so I didn't run into that problem yet.

Cheers,
Knud