[ckan-dev] debug header info

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 16:55:35 UTC 2012

On 20 November 2012 16:36, John Martin <john.martin.okfn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Toby,
>
> Well, it wasn't perfect as it went over the logo (in some cases). I'd
> prefer not to have any debug information in the header at all. Could we
> just put that debug controller info in the debug bit in the footer?

I find it very helpful to have it easily visible at the top of the page it
is only for developers so doesn't matter if it covers the logo a bit (you
could always change its z-index.
The info is in the debug info but that involves scrolling the page and
clicking and so makes debugging issues far slower.

I find it extremely useful to know where in the code I want to start
looking for things.  If it causes you that much of a problem we could add a
config option.  The changed location is often grey text on grey so not
readable plus it shrank in size.