[ckan-dev] Google analytics API

Augusto Herrmann augusto.herrmann at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:39:06 UTC 2012

Hi.

We noticed some time ago that our dataset view counts on
dados.gov.brstopped being updated, but hadn't had time to look into it
until now. Now
we've tracked down the problem to this issue with ckanext-googleanalytics
and the discontinuation of the implemented version of the Google Analytics
API.

Apparently the new version uses OAuth 2.0, so the extension would have to
be updated using that, as well as any possible scheme changes. So it would
require a bit of work. I found this migration guide from Google which might
help:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/articles/gdata-migration-guide

Is anyone currently looking into this?

Best regards,