[ckan-dev] Interesting multilingual crasher

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Thu Oct 18 16:55:32 UTC 2012

This is an interesting one, adding a dataset 500s if you have the
multilingual extension enabled and your default language is not one that
multilingual supports:

http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/3001

We would never have caught this because the tests around adding datasets
do not run with the multilingual extension on or with non-English
default language settings.

Sometimes there are issues like this that slip through the tests because
they affect only certain configurations of CKAN. I'm not sure what to do
unless we have a server that runs the tests hundreds of times in all
possible configurations before we make a release. It's a tricky one.