[ckan-dev] organization deletion

David Raznick david.raznick at okfn.org
Mon Oct 8 12:33:14 UTC 2012

Hello,

The logic was that, on most instances, because org admins are not
allowed to make an organization they should not be able to delete them
either.  These are the relevant user stories:

* **Users** can create new organizations, if this is enabled in the config
  file (boolean option), and will automatically become admin of the new
  organization
* **Users** can create new groups, if this is enabled in the config
  file (another boolean option), and will automatically become admin of the new
  group

I think these boolean options should define if an admin of the
group/org can delete the group/org as well. i.e if a user is allowed
to make a group/org then they are allowed to delete it too.

The case of ec is they have a predefined list of orgs and deleting them
by the org admins (by mistake or otherwise) would cause pain.

Thanks

David