[ckan-dev] RFC: Activity streams on-site and email notifications

Sven R. Kunze sven.kunze at s2007.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Oct 23 11:46:46 UTC 2012

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:33:21 +0200, Sean Hammond <sean.hammond at okfn.org>
wrote:

>> One issue here might be that users have different activity streams
>> to look at. So it would be rather nice to know which activity stream
>> I have looked at since when.
> Hi Sven, I can see what you're getting at here, but I think we only want
> to track unseen activities for the user's dashboard activity stream,
> i.e. the private activity stream that she controls the contents of by
> following and unfollowing things, and not for all the other public
> activity streams on the site.

Hi Sean,

sorry, I didn't point it out correctly. I was not talking about public
activity streams. I was referring to personal activity streams such as
activity streams for followees and subscriptions. I thought John already
have a spec for them. So, it might be prudent to let him answer this, to
see how it makes sense for the UX to have several bubbles and therefore
several timestamps in the db.
When there is only one timestamp, just logging in (because the user will
be redirected to dashboard immediately) will cause all bubbles to
disappear.