[ckan-dev] R-to-L translation

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Oct 26 10:27:47 UTC 2012

> Cool, thanks. If I can find people to do the translation while I'm
> here, I'm interested in getting a Dhivehi version. (There seems to be
> an added complication in that Dhivehi isn't currently supported by
> Transifex.) How do you suggest I proceed?

Hmm. I think if you want to actually submit a new language translation
to the CKAN project and have it shipped in CKAN releases, then that
language needs to be on Transifex.

I think you would have to contact Transifex and ask them to add the
language. It's not as bad as it sounds, it looks quite likely you could
get it added. There's a FAQ answer here that explains how to make such a
request:

http://help.transifex.com/intro/faq.html#where-does-the-language-list-come-from-how-can-i-add-my-own