[ckan-dev] setting up a datastore in v1.8

Kim Haklae haklaekim at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 00:44:00 UTC 2012

Hi Dominik,

Thanks for your response. These are messages with commands.

*haklaekim at ubuntu:~$ paster*

Usage: /usr/bin/paster COMMAND
Usage: paster [paster_options] COMMAND [command_options]

  --version         show program's version number and exit
  --plugin=PLUGINS  Add a plugin to the list of commands (plugins are Egg
                    specs; will also require() the Egg)
  -h, --help        Show this help message

Commands:
  create       Create the file layout for a Python distribution
  help         Display help
  make-config  Install a package and create a fresh config file/directory
  points       Show information about entry points
  post         Run a request for the described application
  request      Run a request for the described application
  serve        Serve the described application
  setup-app    Setup an application, given a config file

*haklaekim at ubuntu:~$ paster --plugin=ckan
*
Usage: /usr/bin/paster COMMAND
Usage: paster [paster_options] COMMAND [command_options]

  --version         show program's version number and exit
  --plugin=PLUGINS  Add a plugin to the list of commands (plugins are Egg
                    specs; will also require() the Egg)
  -h, --help        Show this help message

Cannot load command check-po-files: No module named polib
Commands:
  create            Create the file layout for a Python distribution
  help              Display help
  make-config       Install a package and create a fresh config
file/directory
  points            Show information about entry points
  post              Run a request for the described application
  request           Run a request for the described application
  serve             Serve the described application
  setup-app         Setup an application, given a config file

ckan:
  celeryd           Celery daemon
  create-test-data  Create test data in the database.
  dataset           Manage datasets
  datastore         Perform commands to set up the datastore.
  db                Perform various tasks on the database.
  notify            Send out modification notifications.
  plugin-info        Provide info on installed plugins.
  profile           Code speed profiler
  ratings           Manage the ratings stored in the db
  rdf-export
  rights            Commands relating to per-object and system-wide access
rights.
  roles             Commands relating to roles and actions.
  search-index      Creates a search index for all datasets
  sysadmin          Gives sysadmin rights to a named user
  tracking          Update tracking statistics
  user              Manage users

*haklaekim at ubuntu:~$ paster datastore*

Command 'datastore' not known (you may need to run setup.py egg_info)
Known commands:
  create       Create the file layout for a Python distribution
  exe          Run #! executable files
[...]

haklaekim at ubuntu:~$ paster --plugin=ckan datastore
Perform commands to set up the datastore.
    Make sure that the datastore urls are set properly before you run these
commands.

    Usage::

        paster datastore set-permissions SQL_SUPER_USER

    Where:
        SQL_SUPER_USER is the name of a postgres user with sufficient
                         permissions to create new tables, users, and grant
                         and revoke new permissions.  Typically, this would
                         be the "postgres" user.

haklaekim at ubuntu:~$ ^C

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:12 AM, Dominik Moritz <dominik.moritz at okfn.org>wrote:

> [...]
> > for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++
> >    smhasher.cpp:11:20: error: Python.h: No such file or directory
> >    smhasher.cpp:22: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
> >    error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
> >    Complete output from command /var/lib/ckan/datahub/pyenv/bin/python -c
> > "import
> >
> setuptools;__file__='/var/lib/ckan/datahub/pyenv/build/smhasher/setup.py';exec(compile(open(__file__).read().replace('\r\n',
> > '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --single-version-externally-managed
> > --record /tmp/pip-Gud_TS-record/install-record.txt --install-headers
> > /var/lib/ckan/datahub/pyenv/include/site/python2.6:
> >    running install
> >
> > running build
> >
> > running build_ext
> >
> > building 'smhasher' extension
> >
> > creating build
> >
> > creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.6
> >
> > creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.6/smhasher
> >
> > gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall
> > -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -DMODULE_VERSION="0.136.2" -Ismhasher
> > -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c smhasher.cpp -o
> > build/temp.linux-i686-2.6/smhasher.o
> >
> > cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for
> > Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++
> >
> > smhasher.cpp:11:20: error: Python.h: No such file or directory
> >
> > smhasher.cpp:22: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
> >
> > error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

> > Command /var/lib/ckan/datahub/pyenv/bin/python -c "import
> >
> setuptools;__file__='/var/lib/ckan/datahub/pyenv/build/smhasher/setup.py';exec(compile(open(__file__).read().replace('\r\n',
> > '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --single-version-externally-managed
> > --record /tmp/pip-Gud_TS-record/install-record.txt --install-headers
> > /var/lib/ckan/datahub/pyenv/include/site/python2.6 failed with error
> code 1
> > Storing complete log in /home/haklaekim/.pip/pip.log
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >  File "/var/lib/ckan/datahub/pyenv/bin/pip", line 9, in <module>
> >    load_entry_point('pip==1.0.2', 'console_scripts', 'pip')()
> >  File
> >
> "/var/lib/ckan/datahub/pyenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pip-1.0.2-py2.6.egg/pip/__init__.py",
> > line 116, in main
> >    return command.main(initial_args, args[1:], options)
> >  File
> >
> "/var/lib/ckan/datahub/pyenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pip-1.0.2-py2.6.egg/pip/basecommand.py",
> > line 151, in main
> >    log_fp = open_logfile(log_fn, 'w')
> >  File
> >
> "/var/lib/ckan/datahub/pyenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pip-1.0.2-py2.6.egg/pip/basecommand.py",
> > line 177, in open_logfile
> >    os.makedirs(dirname)
> >  File "/var/lib/ckan/datahub/pyenv/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 157, in
> > makedirs
> >    mkdir(name, mode)
> > OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/haklaekim/.pip'

Dr.Dr. Haklae Kim
Semantic Web and Open Data Hacker
http://thedatahub.kr
http://getthedata.kr
http://blogweb.co.kr
Tel: +82-(0)10-3201-0714
Who's Who in the World's 27th Edition - 2010
IBC 2000 Outstanding Scientists - 2010