[ckan-dev] saving values of a combobox

gr n8 gr8 at gmx.at
Fri Sep 7 06:50:19 UTC 2012

Hello!
I would like to add an combobox-field, called "type". therefore i created an extension, and added three methods to it. The extension is activated, since other fields from the extension are shown (and saved) correctly. Unfortunately, although the values of this combobox are shown correctly, it will be not saved (after saving, the field is empty again). Following the code-snippet from my controller:
type = [('', ''),
                  ('testID', 'testDescription'),
                  ]
def _setup_template_variables(self, context, data_dict=None, package_type=None):
c.type = type

def _form_to_db_schema(self, package_type=None):
schema = package_form_schema()
schema['type'] = [ unicode, convert_to_extras ]
return schema

def _db_to_form_schema(self, package_type=None):
schema = package_form_schema()
schema['type'] = [ convert_from_extras, ignore_missing ]
return schema

What´s wrong with my code? - does anyone have any idea?

Kind regards!