[ckan-dev] CKAN template question

Jim Craner jim at codeforamerica.org
Tue Sep 11 22:35:03 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I've skimmed a bit of the Genshi documentation but I'm hoping someone
on this list can give me a quick answer :-)

We're trying to modify the HTML of our CKAN 1.7 implementation
following the documentation here:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/theming.html

Specifically, it says: "If you are re-theming the site, we recommend
you over-ride layout.html, which is empty but inherits from
layout_base.html. This will mean you can upgrade the site more easily
in the future."

Does this mean I should copy the provided layout_base.html into
my_custom_templates/layout.html and then modify THAT file?  Is that
the "best practice" way to modify the default layout template?

Thanks!
Jim

--
-----