[ckan-dev] RFC: Geospatial support for the new datastore

Dominik Moritz domoritz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 21:39:47 UTC 2012

Hi All,

The new datastore will be available for ckan 1.8 and 2+. The current features include creation, update, insert, upsert, search and sql queries, aliases and index creation/ updates. We thought that it might be quite interesting to support basic geospatial queries as well.

I started a google doc and would like to ask you to add your ideas and suggestions or comment on existing ideas.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zw2j4lDWDYnVm5MDD4iBHdCj4a1OeD90KvO3-YPQoBk/edit

Thank you for all your suggestions and comments,
Dominik