[ckan-dev] Question: Proxying files in CKAN

Dominik Moritz domoritz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:45:37 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Toby and me added a pdf preview for ckan based on pdf.js. Unfortunately, because of cross domain issues it is not possible to preview files from a different domain. We could add a simple proxy that serves the files. Our question is what implications that could have for ckan.

The ide is to have a proxy only for resources. So a request to: /fileproxy/{resource-id} would server the file. It should not be a general proxy because of security issues.

Are there serious issues with this approach?

Cheers,
Dominik