[ckan-dev] Recline / Drupal Integration

Aaron Couch acinternets at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:20:36 UTC 2012

Hi Rufus:

By "conversion" library I assume you mean parsing the uploaded files into a
datastore? We are going to cross that bridge when we get to it (which will
be pretty soon hopefully). We were thinking of using a CKAN repo for this
that would  act as a conversion service. We would pass it the file and it
would return the URL to the datastore.  We aren't sure how much work it
would take to make CKAN perform like that.

Alternatively we could create our own service which would probably be
managed by Drupal (using something like:
http://drupal.org/project/waiting_queue) but do the actual parsing in
something other than PHP.

When we talked to David he said you all were thinking of offering a CKAN
service that would perform a similar task. Was I hearing him correctly and
are you still planning on offering something like that?

best,

-Aaron