[ckan-dev] Visualize CKAN group

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Sep 19 19:48:03 UTC 2012

On 5 September 2012 11:25, Sebastian Hellmann <kurzum at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are a group of around 100 people from NLP and Linguistics, who want to
> use CKAN to collect metadata and build our own LOD Cloud.
> Looking at the Library Linked data, I was trying to revive a visualizer
> written by William Waites :
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/XGR-lld-vocabdataset-20111025/#Library_Linked_Data_at_CKAN
>
> Our main goal is to visualize the group linguistics to drive adoption:
> http://thedatahub.org/group/linguistics
>
> Maybe there is an alternative? So please tell me, I am sure somebody has
> whipped up some really cool stuff.
>

> The code from william seems to be deployed, but not working anymore:
> http://semantic.ckan.net/group/?group=http://ckan.net/group/lld

No, it's no longer deployed (you are getting essentially a 404 from
Virtuoso there).

> I have a copy here, but it is not up to date:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/kurzum/ckan-groupviz/src
> Note that I couldn't test it as you didn't allow cross-site scripting or
> CORS on http://semantic.ckan.net/sparql
>
> Who should I contact?

I believe best person would be Will Waites if you are looking for the
source code for this. I believe this post summarizes some of the work
he did on this:

http://www.groovy.net/ww/2011/03/gockan

I believe the source code is here:

https://bitbucket.org/okfn/gockan