[ckan-dev] orgs more clarification

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Thu Sep 27 11:43:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:18:02PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> On 27 September 2012 11:11, Toby Dacre <toby.okfn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > * **Developers** can provide custom forms for groups and organizations, for
> >   example to add custom metadata fields to groups or organizations.
> >
> > 1) For orgs is this on a site wide level?  I think this should be or
> > else we are adding even deeper levels of complexity
> >

> Yes it is on a site-wide level.
>

> > 2) as I understand things this already exists for groups - can this be
> > confirmed
> >

>  Yes, I believe so -- though Sean may know more.

Yes, this is IGroupController. It also exists for datasets with
IDatasetController. I think the CKAN 2.0 merge may have broken
IDatasetController, not sure about IGroupController (David reviewed this
part of the merge, the controllers).

I actually implemented IOrganizationController plus an example extension
on Ross's organizations branch, you could look at that.