[ckan-dev] orgs more clarification

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Thu Sep 27 13:53:16 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 01:10:48PM +0100, Toby Dacre wrote:
> On 27 September 2012 13:07, Sean Hammond <sean.hammond at okfn.org> wrote:

> >> I know of it existance but not implementing it keeps things cleaner
> >> and I don't know if it is something we require so I like rufus' don't
> >> bother approach - unless you are aware of a client need
> >
> > I think it's needed, basically most clients end up wanting to customise
> > the forms. Perhaps we can leave it for now and implement it when the
> > first client wants to use it, but I think David originally wanted it to
> > go in now.
>
> They can customise the forms as I'm building things but it is site
> wise as there is only one type of organisation is this still
> problematic?

I don't know. I would guess that being able to customise site-wide fills
most use cases, and customise per organization type is less important,
but you would have to ask David. Arguably site-wide only does meet the
spec as written, even if it's less flexible than what we have for
datasets and groups.