[ckan-dev] Deprecation of wiki.ckan.org in favour of a wiki on github and the main documentation

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Sep 28 18:50:54 UTC 2012

> 3. Get a list of key pages to move (or perhaps move all)

I've gone through the /Install page and its sub-pages and copied
across what I think are the potentially still useful ones. The rest of
these can be deleted I think.

Still a few more pages to rescue:

Some of the pages under the User Guide section on the front page that
document 'hidden features'.
I don't think it's worth having pages documenting the CKAN web
interface generally as it should be simple to use, but the hidden
features that people will never discover are worth documenting.
These may belong in Sphinx not on the wiki though.

The list of extensions? Always gets out of date though.

Becoming a CKAN Developer. Belongs in the same place as the coding
standards, which are currently in sphinx but I'm not sure that's a
very good place for them (even though it was my idea) as they're
buried at the bottom of a massive document where devs never look at
them (and new devs never find them), I suggest the README.rst file in
the root of the git repo.

Making changes to model code. Same comment as fo Becoming a CKAN Developer.

That's all I can see that I would save.