[ckan-dev] Should we pin transitive pip requirements?

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Apr 12 13:26:41 UTC 2013

Hey all, this github issue seems stalled:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/issues/491

Vitor wants our pip-requirements.txt to list all of our dependencies,
including dependencies-of-dependencies, all pinned to exact versions.
Toby is worried this will be hard to maintain.

Does anyone have a point of view this? (Please add to the github issue
don't reply to this email)

PS. I wonder if we need a github issues label "stalled" where we can
label things that need some more input to get them going again (do reply
to this email)