[ckan-dev] DEVS PLEASE READ Re: Ckan Exceptions and translation

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 12:42:36 UTC 2013

We agreed today that all Exceptions must be in English and _not_ translated.

this is because they are part of the code
we all need to be able to read stack traces
translators have enough to translate already

Do not accept any pull requests that include them
We also need to remove any we see in the code base

If you have added any please remove them asap

I will update the coding standards as soon as I can

The API output should also be English only too.

Thanks

Toby