[ckan-dev] Adding additional fields to Solr indexing

Prahadeesh S prahad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 19:00:15 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone!

I am trying to figure out a better way to include additional (ckan default
fields) meta-data fields and custom fields(resource extras) into Solr
indexing. So that those fields also be part of keyword search.

I could see "before_index" function in IPackageController is the place to
start doing this. I tried modifying the package dictionary as part of
"before_index" by adding new fields as "extras" and it works fine.

Esp. I need to include the resources fields to be included as part of
search. I can still create "extras" for the all the fields I want to
include as part of search.

But is this right approach which I am doing or is there any other better
way to implement this?

Regards
Prahadeesh