[ckan-dev] OpenSearch support for INSPIRE

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Mon Apr 8 14:52:23 UTC 2013

Hi Philipp,

> On 04/05/2013 06:20 PM, Philipp Küng wrote:
> CKAN is already supporting the import of INSPIRE conform sources via the
> spacial extension. However afaik from looking at the ckan source there's no
> OpenSearch (getting datasets by a geo-region bounding box) built into it
> right now.

I think there are a couple of things mixed here. As you said, you can
import ISO19139 based documents via the harvesters present on
ckanext-spatial. These support CSW and WAF sources.

Once the datasets are imported into CKAN, the spatial extension
provides a bounding box based search for retrieving datasets (BTW we
are currently working on a new widget for CKAN 2.0 and significant
improvements on the backend for this)

Neither the import of datasets via harvesting nor the bounding box
based search support OpenSearch (I assume you are meaning this [1]). I
don't think adding support for it is in our Roadmap, but we can give
you some guidance in you wanted to implement this as an extension.

Cheers,

Adrià

[1] http://www.opensearch.org/Specifications/OpenSearch/Extensions/Geo/1.0/Draft_2