[ckan-dev] Trouble harvesting CSW

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Wed Apr 10 18:14:14 UTC 2013

Hi Guillaume,

Is there any chance that you can use CKAN 2.0 or are you using 1.8 on
an existing project?
There have been several improvements in the harvesters on this version
(including some of the errors you mention). Moreover CKAN 2.0 uses an
organizations based authorization by default, so you wouldn't need to
use the publisher profile option.
To use 2.0, just checkout the release-v2.0 branch on ckan core,
ckanext-spatial and ckanext-harvest, and change the harvest plugin
from "gemini_csw_harvester" to "csw_harvester" [1].

If it is not possible for you to use 2.0 we'll try to fix your issues
as well, but it would make things much easier.

Thanks,

Adrià

[1] https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial/tree/release-v2.0#spatial-harvesters