[ckan-dev] Example for API usage (e.g. member_create)

Vitor Baptista vitor at vitorbaptista.com
Thu Apr 11 16:01:58 UTC 2013

Hi Heinrich,

2013/4/11 Heinrich Widmann <widmann at dkrz.de>

>  I checked that you can use the *group name* for "id", but only the* id*(of package or dataset) for "object" - even more confusing :-) .

Yes, indeed. I've just opened a pull request that fixes this, both for
member_create and member_delete in https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/754.

> (Actually : What's the difference between a package and a dataset in CKAN
> ?)

They're the same. It's just because datasets used to be called packages, so
there're many places in the code that they're still called like this.

>   The "capacity" value needs to be one of "public"
>> or "private" when adding a package to a group.
>>
>   Actually at least for create_member as well "member" works .

There's no validation on the capacity value yet. But, for packages, as far
as I could see, the only recognized values are public and private.

Cheers,
Vítor Baptista.