[ckan-dev] Trouble harvesting CSW

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Fri Apr 12 17:27:05 UTC 2013

Hi Guillaume

On 11 April 2013 22:28, Guillaume Sueur <no-reply at neogeo-online.net> wrote:
> CKAN 2.0 rocks !
Yes! Woohoo!

> I have harvested a full CSW catalog in a few minutes, and I
> have nice metadata recorded.
That's really nice to hear

> Few things though :
> - I don't see the spatial-query widget I was used to with 1.8 version. It is
> activiated in my config file, but doesn't show up yet...
We still haven't ported the spatial query widget to the 2.0 templates.
We are testing it on a custom extension for a project but we'll
hopefully port it back to ckanext-spatial soon.
Should be something like this (minus the location search):
http://imgur.com/a/Ytnm9#0

> - WMS preview brings a Javascript error up, somewhere in the middle of
> OpenLayers code. It was ok with 1.8 version. I may give a hand, as I know
> OpenLayers quite well.
That's strange, what errors are you getting? Note that the WMS viewer
provided as part of ckanext-spatial is just a very basic one, just to
give a starting point for developers willing to implement a more
complete one.

> - Datasets with a "spatial" field set to some extent don't show their
> "extent map" either.
You need to add the map snippets to the dataset page template on your
extension, as described here:
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial/tree/release-v2.0#dataset-extent-map

> - I have a lot of different resources types (ZIP, PDF, JSON, WMS, WFS...). I
> was wondering how to build specific templates for the ones which haven't got
> any (ZIP for instance, could be shown with a ZIP icon above a download
> link).
You can customize and override any template from your own extension.

For this particular change (adding a new icon for a particular format)
you will probably only need CSS changes (and a new image):
See eg https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-geodatagov/commit/df66535b

Hope this helps,

Adrià