[ckan-dev] R: A new ckan client library: ckanapi

Daniel Graziotin dgraziotin at task3.cc
Mon Apr 15 18:53:06 UTC 2013

Hi Ian,

I've just seen the announcement and I am happy to see we are working on similar things.
Currently, libckan HTTP requests are handled by a non-elegant integration of <https://gist.github.com/seanh/4130567>/.
I see ckanapi as a very suitable "client" for libckan, especially regarding the HTTP requests and the handling of CKAN Exceptions.  ckanapi alone might also be the elegant custom_request method I refer to in <http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2013-April/004414.html>.

I would love to integrate ckanapi in libckan. ckanapi might even benefit from the significant amount of unittests I am writing.

Under which license is it released?

> I think the error/exception types raised by the action functions should be
> documented in CKAN's API docs.  There's only a few of them, it would be nice to
> know which actions might return which errors.

I totally agree. This is something I was adding in libckan as part of its documentation.

--Daniel Graziotin