[ckan-dev] Hide empty search facets boxes

John Martin john.martin at okfn.org
Wed Apr 17 13:03:05 UTC 2013

> I vote for fixing in 2.1

Yes, let's fix it for 2.1.

However we need to examine the conditions for showing and hiding them as from a UX POV I don't think it's as simple as saying: if facets.length is 0 then hide.

Currently you can get into states with multiple facets that mean that facet groups can have nothing in them. This would mean that they would become hidden… but I think that it still makes sense to show to the user that they can still facet by that group even if they can't see facets within them.

I've started a issue for 2.1 [1]. Let's iron out the conditions for showing and hiding on the issue. Also we should discuss the way that the 'Show more/only popular ...' links work when multi-faceting.

[1] https://github.com/okfn/ckan/issues/780

--
John Martin
Front End Developer, CKAN