[ckan-dev] Hiding groups on CKAN sites

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Apr 17 17:31:47 UTC 2013

> > This could be implemented in an extension first so it can be used with
> > 2.0, and then make it into core in 2.1.
> >
> I think we should just do them via extensions in core in 2.1 and forget 2.0

I've started an extension for this:

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-hidegroups

so far it just hides the most obvious sightings of the groups feature
that I've been getting asked to hide on client sites.

Hiding the Groups link in the header doesn't work on release-v2.0 yet,
waiting for a template pull request to get pulled into 2.0.

I've added a github issue to get this into 2.1:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/issues/782