[ckan-dev] Hiding groups on CKAN sites

Mark Wainwright mark.wainwright at okfn.org
Thu Apr 18 11:19:48 UTC 2013

For most 'official' CKAN sites, groups don't make much sense. But if
you look at other data portals, what a lot of them do have is 'themes'
and the ability to search/facet by these - i.e. broad subject areas
(using a vocabulary of their choosing). These are usually at least as
prominent as publishers ('organizations', as we're calling them) and
probably more useful in terms of people finding what they want.

If someone wanted to do that in CKAN, what would be the best way -
would it be by renaming groups, or something else like fixed tag
vocabularies?

Mark