[ckan-dev] Hiding groups on CKAN sites

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Apr 19 08:29:11 UTC 2013

> > I'd be happy if the package -> dataset rename was a little further along.
> >
> > In the API if dataset_show, _create, _update existed and were aliases
> > for package_*, wouldn't there be no more "packages" for end users to
> > care about?
> >

> This is definitely a good plan we should keep both for a while but these
> really should be dataset_*

Great idea.

There would still be a lot of place where "package" leaks out to anyone
using the API, or writing an extension or theme, unfortunately. Perhaps
they could all be fixed with this same strategy but there's a lot of
them and it might become quite a project when you start to think about
the tests.