[ckan-dev] Source install/deployment docs

Nigel Babu nigel.babu at okfn.org
Mon Apr 29 05:53:07 UTC 2013

Hi Sean,

This sounds like a good compromise to me. I'll defer to David's and Joe's
judgment on what this does to packaging though.

I only have one worry with us changing how the package works.  What about
package upgrades? We should test that people upgrading from 1.8 to 2.0 will
able to upgrade with the new package and not have problems.

Having slept on it, I think having one set of documentation that we follow
and we ask everyone to follow is a good idea.

Nigel.