[ckan-dev] Tag Vocabularies

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Fri Aug 2 04:26:18 UTC 2013

If I understand correctly, using vocabularies you need to add a field to the dataset template which users then can enter the tag from the vocabulary related to that field. Thus it would seem adding a vocabulary only 'seeds' tags for the specified field.  Is there a way to seed the 'free tags' with a vocabulary list so that our users as much as possible use standardised tags?

Thanks
Aaron
PS - apologies for originally posting on the 'discuss' list, now realised this is a more technical question.