[ckan-dev] Moderation

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Fri Aug 2 05:07:37 UTC 2013

Hi - we are experimenting with setting the Config file option moderated = True.

This has had the result of an Editor Level user uploading a file, setting it to be Public, but the dataset shows as private (lock 'logo' appears beside it even though visibility set to Public).  This was sort of expected.

However, how does the dataset get moderated?  There was no flag to me as Sysadmin that the datset needed moderating (maybe a message did go to the organisation Admin (they are away today)?).  Either way - as Sysadmin I went in and edited the dataset, for a start just clicked update (to confirm the existing setting of public visibility) but that did not change anything.  I then changed the visibility back to Private, updated, then changed it back to Public and updated - still the file is flagged as Private.

Am I not seeing something and not being able to 'release' the dataset to the public because I am not the Organisation Admin?  If so then Sysadmin might or might not not want to get notifications, but should be able to release a dataset.

Am I missing something? Who/how do we approve release of datasets if moderate=true?

Thanks
Aaron