[ckan-dev] Harvesting of organizations

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Wed Aug 14 15:34:08 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I'm planning to implement the harvesting of organizations in the
ckanext-harvest extension. As the harvesting of groups (using the
remote_groups config option) is already implemented, I guess this shouldn't
be that hard.

In the current code all I found was this:

# Ignore remote orgs for the time being
package_dict.pop('owner_org', None)

Are there already thoughts about this topic? Currently I'm planning to just
create the organizations that are not yet there and assign all datasets to
their corresponding owner organization (very similar to the implementation
of the remote_groups). The purpose is not to copy users/permissions etc.
but to simply allow all data owners to see their datasets at a glance on
the central instance and provide the functionality to filter datasets of an
organization.

What do you think?

Regards Stefan

--
Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch