[ckan-dev] Moderation

Aaron McGlinchy McGlinchyA at landcareresearch.co.nz
Mon Aug 5 01:45:15 UTC 2013

Thanks Adri

Ok - so have remove the moderation config setting.  The CKAN User guide says:
" An Organization's administrators can add add individual users to the Organization, with different roles depending on the level of authorisation needed. A user in an Organization can create a dataset owned by that Organization. In the default setup, this dataset is initially private, and visible only to other users in the Organization. When it is ready for publication, it can be published at the press of a button. This may require a higher authorisation level within the Organization."

Our install is vanilla  CKAN 2.0, so by default it should have a dataset as Private - however when we add new datasets it is set to Public by default - this might have changed since we tweaked the Config file, I think it used to default as Private (not 100% sure).  What settings might have affected this?

In terms of workflow/authorisation, a user with Editor authorisation creates a dataset, sets it to Private (though they are being allowed to set it to public if they wish).  Editor shouldn't according to User guide be able to set to Public - but they can?  "...published at the press of a button" - where should I find this (publish) button.  If logged in as an Admin of the Organisation, I can see the private dataset listed but there is no button to simply switch it to Public - I have to go into the dataset, edit it, change the Visibility field to Public, Update the Dataset?  Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Is there something weird with our installation that authorisation is not working as described in the user guide/CKAN documentation?  In the CKAN Beta 2.1 I can administer an organisation, look at its datasets and I do see a "Make Public" button, but in CKAN 2.0 under Organisation Admin I only get a tab to admin Members.

Thanks
Aaron

===
Message: 4