[ckan-dev] Q: CKAN and OpenID and/or OAuth?

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Wed Aug 7 09:49:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 6 August 2013 14:27, John Erickson <olyerickson at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Is anyone "out there" using OpenID and/or OAuth authentication with CKAN?

> 2. How about other aggregated authentication, such as EarthChem's
> GeoPass <http://www.earthchem.org/grl/info/geopass>

Older versions of CKAN used to support OpenID login, but this has been
deprecated as the implementation was a bit flaky.
CKAN does not support right now any other login form out of the box.

There is the IAuthenticator plugin interface (undocumented I'm afraid)
that allows to plug into different authentication platforms, so
potentially it could be implemented for the ones you mention. I don't
know the details but I know it has been used to implement a SAML2
based authentication for some projects.

Adrià