[ckan-dev] disable user registration

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Wed Aug 14 22:10:49 UTC 2013

There is currently similar question on StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18171937/ckan-prevent-user-from-auto-registering
The provided answer describes how you can disable the registration with a
custom extension.

Of course this is not a nice as a configuration option, but still a
relatively low effort solution.

Hope it helps.

- Stefan

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM, Patrick West <westp at rpi.edu> wrote:

> It is not obvious from any of the documentation how one would disable user
> registration. Anyone can register at this point. We can't allow that. I
> don't see anything in the production.ini file, the who.ini file. The only
> way I can figure to do this at this point is to do a rewrite rule in the
> apache config file to block that URL.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick

Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch