[ckan-dev] File does not exist: /var/www/api

Patrick West westp at rpi.edu
Sat Aug 17 00:45:56 UTC 2013

The issue has been resolved …

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13971622/error-when-trying-to-upload-a-file-to-ckan-failed-to-get-credentials-for-stora/18282721#18282721

Specifically:

If the older answer doesn't work out, then there is a chance that you don't have the One other option to check, especially if you don't run CKAN at the root url (/), is whether or not the ckan.api_url is set properly. This configuration is not automatically set from ckan.site_url (which it should be), and if CKAN is installed on a sub-path, like /ckan/, any API calls that are made from Javascript will fail. An additional configuration to try would be to set ckan.api_url to be the same as ckan.site_url.

Patirck

On Aug 15, 2013, at 4:49 PM, Patrick West <westp at rpi.edu> wrote:

> So I ran through the link given, and we've got everything set up properly. pairtree and argparse are both installed. The two parameters in the configuration file are set. The data directory exists and is owned by www-data and is writable.
>
> When I look at developer resources in Chrome, the following resource is not available:
>
> /api/i18n/en
>
> it gets a 404 Not Found. That seems to be where the /var/www/api issue is coming from. So not sure what that is or why it would be a problem.
>
> When I go to the main page of the site, this is what I get in the error log:
>
> [Thu Aug 15 21:34:09 2013] [error] 2013-08-15 21:34:09,340 INFO  [ckan.lib.base]  / render time 0.105 seconds
> [Thu Aug 15 21:34:09 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.42] File does not exist: /var/www/api, referer: http://udco.tw.rpi.edu/ckan/
>
> When I go to the dataset page, I get the following in the error log:
>
> [Thu Aug 15 21:34:56 2013] [error] 2013-08-15 21:34:56,618 INFO  [ckan.lib.base]  /dataset render time 0.066 seconds
> [Thu Aug 15 21:34:57 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.42] File does not exist: /var/www/api, referer: http://udco.tw.rpi.edu/ckan/dataset
>
> When I click on Add Dataset, I get the following in the error log:
>
> [Thu Aug 15 21:35:14 2013] [error] 2013-08-15 21:35:14,980 INFO  [ckan.lib.base]  /dataset/new render time 0.285 seconds
> [Thu Aug 15 21:35:15 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.42] File does not exist: /var/www/api, referer: http://udco.tw.rpi.edu/ckan/dataset/new
>
> When I click on Next: Add Data, I get the following: more below the stack trace

PARTS REMOVED