[ckan-dev] Harvesting of organizations

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Mon Aug 19 09:49:26 UTC 2013

Hi Stefan,

It's great that you are willing to implement this. One of the reasons
this wasn't implemented when support for creating remote groups was
added was that with organizations there is a much more implicit sense
of dataset ownership and permissions management. These won't be
transferred from the remote instance, so the documentation should be
very clear in that regard (ie users with permissions to edit a dataset
in the remote instance will most likely not be able to do so in the
local instance).

In terms of the actual implementation I suspect you can reuse lots of
the group related code to avoid duplication

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Dave Caraway <dave at fogmine.com> wrote:
> the underlying question, should a typo in a name cause a new org to be created?
Remote orgs are obtained via the API from the remote dataset metadata,
so typos should not be an issue.

Looking forward to your pull request,

Adrià