[ckan-dev] docker ckan

David Raznick david.raznick at okfn.org
Sun Dec 1 18:23:12 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have been playing with docker this weekend and have published an
image which makes it a one liner to startup a full ckan instance (with
datapusher).   My use case was for testing releases without the need
to setup a whole vm for each and to be sure that everything is running
as it would on the server.

So if you have docker installed (the new version now supports pretty
much all linux distros now)
then it should be as simple as running.

sudo docker run -name=myckan -i -t -p 80:5000 kindly/ckan_base

This will download kindly/ckan_base and run it.  CKAN then should be
in your browser at http://0.0.0.0:5000 and you will dropped into a
shell so you can add your first user with the ckan command i.e "ckan
sysadmin add kindly".

For more instructions read:

https://github.com/kindly/ckan_dockered

Thanks