[ckan-dev] Custom file upload

Pabitra Dash pkdash_reena at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 9 17:07:17 UTC 2013

I am working on an extension where I need to provide a file upload functionality. The user needs to provide only a name for the dataset. The extension is capable of inserting some metadata for the dataset. I looked at the file upload functionality that comes with CKAN and was wondering if I can use that. It seems to use a js file called "file-upload-field.js". I am not sure how I use it. I tried to link to this js file using the data-module attribute in my form. But the file-upload icon does not show up in my form.

Any advice on how to implement this functionality will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pabitra

Pabitra Dash

USU, Logan, USA