[ckan-dev] Dev Meeting notes 2013-12-12

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Thu Dec 12 15:02:13 UTC 2013

2013-12-12

Chair - Adrià
Notes - Anonymous Mink

Agenda
* Pull requests:
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pulls?direction=desc&page=1&sort=updated&state=open
   * https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/1350
   * https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/1208 (joe) GroupFactory in
tests will be kept and tweaked in a later pull request to allow a user
parameter (will default to site_user if no user is specified)
   * https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/1363 (ian)
   * https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/1380 (sean)
   * https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/1022 (joe)
* Issues: https://github.com/okfn/ckan/issues?state=open
   * https://github.com/okfn/ckan/issues/1382
   * https://github.com/okfn/ckan/issues/1381 - sean
   * https://github.com/okfn/ckan/issues/1379
* General Questions:
   * sean asked documenting a process for changing requirements.txt -
kindly wants to keep the deps of deps pinned, to avoid some user
issues with versions. ian mentions config.cfg - will seek out an
article. Adding/removing deps for new modules is hard - we just need
to be careful, using fresh pyenv, pip freeze etc.
   * Functional front end testing. kindly has being trying Selenium
and its ok. Suggests creating a script by clicking through the site in
a browser with a plugin, saving it as python. Wouldn’t test strings on
a page - too brittle. Take screenshots in the test, with a note saying
“this dataset should be private” and a human can check it. Only a
human needs to revalidate if the image changes. dread thinks it sounds
brittle. kindly is keen to have it also for documenting all the pages
of the site. kindly sees this to only be done when we’re about to
release. john mentions ‘prune’.