[ckan-dev] Expert advise wanted for ckanext-tdt

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Wed Dec 18 16:27:55 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Today we have releaseda plug-in for CKAN to automatically add formats
with "JSON" and "XML" as a format to The DataTank
(http://thedatatank.com). Of course, there is a whole lot more possible,
but we need more meta-data for that. Mark told me that these meta-data
fields is on the roadmap of CKAN. Instead of putting this into our
plug-in, it would be great to talk

The plug-in were my first code I've ever written in Python, and it was
my first time writing something for CKAN. I bet you have a ton of advise
to make this plug-in way better!

The github repo: https://github.com/tdt/ckanext-tdt - Pull requests and
new issues are rewarded with beer when we next meet: a UK beer per
issue, a Belgian beer per pull request.

Oh, and the blogpost: http://ckan.org/2013/12/18/ckan-meets-the-datatank/

Kind regards,

Pieter Colpaert