[ckan-dev] Dev Meeting Notes- 2013-12-19

Nigel Babu nigel.babu at okfn.org
Thu Dec 19 13:14:56 UTC 2013

2013-12-19

Chair - David
Notes - Nigel
Apologies - Adria, Ross Jones

Agenda
Pul Requests
* #1400 - Made changes since feedback from last meeting. Should we have an
IOrganization form? David suggested we not complicate this pull request.
Discussion about Inherit=True and failures. Ian suggests a new Interface
for validation. We decide to make sure people using IDatasetForm or
IGroupForm have Inherits=True in the documentation. Assigned to David.
* #1409 - Translations string in mailing a bit broken. Assigned to Nigel.
* #1401 - Assigned to Nigel.

Issues
* #1408 - Needs Adria’s help since Vitor doesn’t have access to Transifex.
* #1407 - They need to be removed. Assigned to Ross.
* #1406 - The UI will be complicated. DavidR says it’s a good feature but
it’s waiting for someone who needs it to implement it. David wants to make
it possible for people to use it if they want. Feature with potential,
we’ll wait for Ross to come to the meeting. Add to the UI as an extension.
* #1405 - Marked as good for contribution.
* #1404 - Contributor contacted and we’ll wait for results.

General Questions
* ckanapi parallel api call limit (wardi)
wardi is adding code to ckanapi for dataset/group/org
creating/updating/dumping. Potential problem with giving people a tool to
make parallel requests. 3 max for remote connections “seems fair”. Add user
agent string for users of ckanapi
* IOrganizationForm re #1399 and register_group_plugins() (wardi)
When plugin is registered, routes are registered to groups instead of
organization controller. wardi suggests we should have a proper way to tell
whether it’s group or organizations or have a proper IOrganizationForm.
Potential problem for people who already use it - ignore. David is happy to
create IOrganizationForm. Not keen on multiple org types.

Christmas Wishlist!
* Documentation for Interfaces - Nigel
* Keep templates and logic functions as they are and use something like
Flask - David.
* Sort out the i18n - Sean

Nigel Babu

Developer  |  @nigelbabu <https://twitter.com/nigelbabu>