[ckan-dev] customize homepage ckan

Ralf user66 at arcor.de
Thu Dec 5 10:16:52 UTC 2013

Hi Hilde,

you should get familiar with "Theming" and templating:
http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/theming.html

You need to create your own template(s). The easiest and best way
(even if it means writing code) is to create an extension. There are
many examples available, which should be easy enough to start with,
this one for example:

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-demo

My basic extension also contains custom templates (but I haven't
replaced the background image yet, which is on the ToDo list):
https://github.com/formwandler/ckanext-odmetheme

Cheers
Ralf