[ckan-dev] override a template used within CKAN

Laura Lazzati laulazzati at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Dec 9 16:50:18 UTC 2013

yes, I am doing the same, i mean, i created my own templates directory, the snippets directory inside it, and i place there the file with the same name and extension but with some changes, but CKAN stil seems to call the original file. This also happened to me when I tried to override the template for the follow button, which is also called within a function in the code of ckan.

El día lunes, 9 de diciembre de 2013 13:07, Sean Hammond <sean.hammond at okfn.org> escribió:

> I am trying to override a template that is called within CKAN's code (I
> mean, a  CKAN function calls it), but it keeps using the original one.
> In fact, the template that I am overriding is activity_item.html.
> Any ideas?

What are you doing to try to override it? This might help:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/847-new-theming-docs/theming/templates.html