[ckan-dev] docker ckan

Vitor Baptista vitor at vitorbaptista.com
Mon Dec 16 15:51:33 UTC 2013

Very nice David. I haven't tested yours yet, but I've been using docker to
develop CKAN for a while now. I created an alias for:

    docker run -p 5000:5000 -v
/home/vitor/Projetos/ckan/ckan/:/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan -i -t
vitorbaptista/ckan /bin/bash

Which shared my local CKAN folder (/home/vitor/Projetos/ckan/ckan) to
Docker's CKAN folder (/usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan), so I can develop in
my host machine, while running/testing the changes with CKAN running inside
docker. If you change your local folder path, that command should work for
you as well. You just need to, when inside Docker, do "service postgresql
start; service jetty start" and head up to /usr/lib/ckan/default/src/ckan
to init the database and start up paster.

Docker is amazing

2013/12/1 David Raznick <david.raznick at okfn.org>

> Hello,
>
> I have been playing with docker this weekend and have published an
> image which makes it a one liner to startup a full ckan instance (with
> datapusher).   My use case was for testing releases without the need
> to setup a whole vm for each and to be sure that everything is running
> as it would on the server.
>
> So if you have docker installed (the new version now supports pretty
> much all linux distros now)
> then it should be as simple as running.
>
> sudo docker run -name=myckan -i -t -p 80:5000 kindly/ckan_base
>
> This will download kindly/ckan_base and run it.  CKAN then should be
> in your browser at http://0.0.0.0:5000 and you will dropped into a
> shell so you can add your first user with the ckan command i.e "ckan
> sysadmin add kindly".
>
> For more instructions read:
>
> https://github.com/kindly/ckan_dockered
>
> Thanks