[ckan-dev] Issues with organization in CKAN 2.0b

Lasse Vestergaard ibbernik at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 14:20:17 UTC 2013

Hi all.

I'm now working on a CKAN version 2.0b om a debian distribution. It all
works fine except authorization.

I have followed this page: http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/authorization.html
and I assume that I have to insert:

ckan.auth.profile= publisher and add organizations  and
organizations_dataset to ckan.plugins in my ini file. Save the ini file and
restart apache.

When I do this, CKAN is still running and every thing seems fine in the
beginning. What I want to do is to stop anyone from adding anything, to the
CKAN instanse, except I have granted the permission manually.

The first problem rises when I log in as a random, not authorized, user. It
seems that I still can add datasets and edit  existing ones. The good part
is that I can't alter anything if I'm not logged in, so part of what I have
done works.

The next problem is that I get an GUI error if I try to add a new data set,
when logged in:

Server ErrorAn internal server error occurred

When I look in the apache error log I get:

 Error - <class 'genshi.template.loader.TemplateNotFound'>: Template
"organizations/package_form.html" not found

I assume that I shouldn't download and install any new extension?

Regards

Lasse Vestergaard