[ckan-dev] Multilingual Datasets in CKAN

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Mon Feb 25 15:18:00 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I try to find out if there are already solutions for multilingual
datasets in CKAN out there. What I found is this wiki article about
the situation in Canada:
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/wiki/Multilingual-Datasets,-the-Government-of-Canada-approach

Actually I thought there must be a "cleaner" solution. For most cases
it should work to add additional metadata fields for the different
languages. Maybe the CKAN data model must be extended to provide
better support for multilingual datasets. Are there any plans to do
something in that direction?

Finally the Canadian solution for the tags ("[english tag name]
[double space] [french tag name]") might work for two languages, but
if you want to support more language, this simply does not work.

Any hints/ideas are very welcome!

Regards Stefan

PS: Does anybody know if publicdata.eu wants to support more EU languages?

--
Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 81 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch